Re: Trans plug

To: LBOTTOM2@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Trans plug
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 11:15:52 -0800
LBOTTOM Wrote:

Every get to the point where NOTHING you try seems to go well? All I wanted
do was change th gearbox fluid....drained it, but now can't get that
blasted
filler plug out! Even removed a seat and the trans cover to get better
access
and still it won't budge. To make matters worse, the lug is chewed up  and
rounded from the last guy to try this. Do you think they could have put
this
plug in a worse spot? It would be awkward getting a wrench on it when it
was
new. Ideas anyone?

I had this happen to me but only on the differential (Its was a Nissan
Van).  The drain plug was rounded off.  After several failed attempts with
vice grips, filing down the sides and other dead-end approaches, we ended
up welding a nut to the plug.  Then is was a simple matter of using a long
handled wrench with socket to untighten the plug.

Hope this helps...

Dave
San Diego, Ca
1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649