WE TRY TO FIND YOU!

To: Joe and Trish <jthaider@micron.net>
Subject: WE TRY TO FIND YOU!
From: Steve Darby <elan@highfiber.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:42:20 -0800
Cc: Triumph q&a <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Joe and Trish wrote:

> Hi listers!
>
> You are right...this list is the best I've seen.  I want to thank all of
> you that responded.  The vote is overwhelmingly for putting his name and
> address on the list.
>
> Because I've also been in the legal field (court clerk..district judge),
> we've decided to email him ONE more time and give him an end date, and
> then we'll let everyone know exactly who this character is.  Joe had
> corresponded with him several times and thought he knew him.  Joe is
> usually a very good judge of character, but he's also the most trusting
> guy I know.  He's given away Spit parts just because someone else needed
> them more than we did.  I hated to see how this guy treated us.
>
> We were truly impressed by the support and offers of help from all of
> you.  You are all invited to come and ride in my '70 Spit this spring
> when we have it on the road.  We'll even serve coffee and donuts
> (bagels?).
>
> I'll let all of you know how it turns out.  Thanks again.
>
> Trish
>
> 1970 Triumph Spitfire...almost ready to go!!!
> Boise, ID

Joe & Trish

Before you bash someone one the net and ruin their reputation, we have
been TRYING very hard to find you.  This is the fourth messages that we
have sent out trying to locate you.  You did not reply!  My husband DID
send the check!  I am sorry you did not received the check.  You did
call but did not leave a phone number and unfortunately my husband
discarded your address.  We DO NOT cheat people.  NO AMOUNT OF MONEY OR
MATERIAL GOODS ARE WORTH OUR INTEGRITY!  We will send you another check,
but we need your address or phone number.  We want to make sure you GET
your money this time.

Eileen