Re: Speedvision tape

To: "Michael E. Smith" <mysmithnc@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Speedvision tape
From: Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 08:10:11 -0600
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
All this honesty talk is interesting, but I gotta agree with Mike's comment
below.  What about copyright laws?  Good old Speedvision is out here doing
a great job of bringing us these types of shows at a fair price...I'd hate
to lose that.

Has anyone contacted Speedvision to see if they can provide a source for
the tapes?

Chris

At 08:19 AM 1/8/98 -0500, Michael E. Smith wrote:
>Rod Knox wrote:
>
>> From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
>> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>> Subject: re: honesty... and speedvision
>> Date: Wednesday, January 07, 1998 6:50 PM
>>
>> The more I read about this honesty thing the worse I feel. I don't mean
>> distrust people on the list when asking for money up front but feel
>> reimbursing me beforehand means you really want it. I was thinking cash
>> would simplify things and figured if someone is searching mail for money,
>> they would throw away those they opened and your cheque wouldn't get to
>me
>> either. Anyway I'm trying my best to make a good tape and get it to the
>> people that want it.
>
>I would like to see the programs, but what are you doing about copyrights?
>It's wonderful that Speedvision is getting this stuff out, and I wouldn't
>want to take away their incentive to do more of it.  Bootleg tapes are a
>real problem for the creators and artists.  If you're licensed to reproduce
>them, it would be great to have a source to get this until Speedvision
>shows up on the cable.
>
>                                    Mike in Asheville
>                                    ratty ol' TR-4A

Chris Schroeder