TR-4A Horn actuator question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-4A Horn actuator question
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 07:44:21 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

  Back on the list after two months of overload.

  The PO of my '66 TR-4A put on an aftermarket steering wheel and I'm
trying to revive the defunct horn.  There's a two inch cylindrical axial
hole in the steering column, about 3/16 ' in diameter, a long spring that
goes into the hole, a plastic collar on top of the spring and then a little
brass button attached to the wire that goes to the horn actuator, a simple
self-contained switch (the other switch wire is attached to the steering
column from whence it is grounded by a wire from the steering box).

  The problem is that nothing will stay in place.  There must be some kind
of missing grommet that holds the spring, collar and brass button in place.

  Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Any suggestions about what might
hold the whole thing in place?

  Thanks.

John Cowan