Re: TR-4A Horn actuator question

To: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: TR-4A Horn actuator question
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 10:44:24 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
John,
It sounds like you are describing the same type of mechanism as the Spitfire
has.  If so, The spring with the or copper contacts on each end is encased
inside a clear plastic sleeve and slips in the hole on the hub.  The contacts
ride on the horn ring (as the wheel turns) and one the contact of the horn
button.  The thing is held in place by the horn button on the top and the horn
ring contact on the bottom.  When you remove the horn button, you are able to
remove it.  If the Horn contact at the bottom is damaged, there would be
nothing to stop it from falling through. This is difficult to explain without
the use of my hands and a pencil, but hopefully you get the picture. (another
one, Andy)

Regards,
Joe Curry