Early Spitfire Carpeting Problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Early Spitfire Carpeting Problems
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 20:40:34 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Ten years ago when I first started my Spitfire restoration, I
purchased as I found them parts that I knew I was going to need.
Finally after 8 years working overseas I ready to start putting the
interior in my MK1.  The carpet is my big problem at the moment
(among many others!).  I bought this "Deluxe" carpet set about 9
years ago from a place called Scotland Yard in Denver Colorado.  This
carpet was supposed to be a perfect fit.  Well it ain't.

Doing a trial fit to see how things went there were gaps all over the
place with no way to cover them.  Unfortunately I spend close to $200
on the carpet and it looks like I won't be able to use it.

Has anyone installed carpet into a MK1 Spitfire recently and if so
where did you get your carpet, which model, how did it fit?.  Did
you have any problems?

It makes me sick to think I have to buy carpeting all over again.
But I'm not going to spend the kind of money I've been spending and
do a shoddy carpet job.

If anyone has any ideas about this I would sure love to hear them.

On the bright side, mechanical the car is Real close to being street
ready!

 Brad
1964 Spitfire4