Re: Early Spitfire Carpeting Problems

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: Early Spitfire Carpeting Problems
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 19:03:56 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
Martin,

> Sounds like you just got a bad set.  When I installed my (not
> deluxe) carpet set, I had minor problems, but they probably weren't
> as bad as yours.  Where small gaps exist, you can always find
> matching carpet remnants, and glue it down so it hardly shows.  Good
> luck ...
>
> --
> Martin Secrest
> 74 Spitfire, 73 GT6

I've decided to order an OEM set from Spitbits.  They guaranteed that
they would fit.  Its shoulds like there are 4 pieces to glue in.  The
rest snap into place.  The only problem I'm going to have with this
is my spitfire did not originally come with carpeting so I have to
figure out a way to properly locate the snaps that fasten to the
floor pan.  That will probably end up being the hardest thing I've
done on my restoration!!!

Thanks for the feedback
Brad
1964 Spitfire4