Re: Electronic Tach

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 1997 09:28:23 -0800
Cc: prubrew@ix.netcom.com, pllj@earthlink.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> There are at least two type of tachometers used in British cars. One, the
> "series type," was used in earlier MGBs, and maybe some other makes (I put
> the term "series type" in quotation marks because I haven't a clue as to the
> correct name for them). The other type - whatever they are called - was used
> in all Triumphs that I am familiar with, and is the type used in most
> american cars and aftermarket units as well.

Hey Dan,

As long as everybody is correcting you, I might as well get on the band
wagon.  Expand your list to include a couple more Mechanical tachs
(yeah, I know you are talking about electronic ones).  THey are the ones
driven off the distributor, and some that were driven off a gear
sticking out the back of the generator (dynamo).  I'm sure thate are
munerous others as well.

Just being cute!!!

Joe  '63 Spit