Re: Electronic Tach

To: pllj@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 15:16:24 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-02 13:14:55 EST, pllj@earthlink.net writes:

> If I were to use one of the "series tachs" do you know of a way, if even
>  necessary, of not using the connection to the key switch. It sounds
>  like, from what you've written, that if using the above mentioned tach-
>  it would need to be wired as in the original application. (Just trying
>  to get away with one less wire and keep the key switch out of it)

Peter:

Unfortunately, there is no other way to wire it. Power to the coil MUST pass
THROUGH the tachometer for the tach to register. You don't have to connect it
directly to the key switch, but where ever you connect it, the power has to
be switched off when the key is off. Otherwise, you can't shut the engine
off.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74