RE: Electronic Tach

To: "pllj@earthlink.net" <pllj@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Electronic Tach
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:15:39 -0800
Cc: "'Dan Masters'" <DANMAS@aol.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,

        Normally I would consider it blasphemy to even THINK about correcting
the esteemed
Mr. Masters, however in this case I have to beg leniency as I have wired the
tach slightly differently than the "in series" version.  I took a lead off one
of the spare male spades on the negative side of the coil for the sender to the
electric tach.  This only sends a pulse when the motor is turning over, ie when
cranking or running.  Quite possibly I missed the early part of the thread
here, as it seems almost an obvious method, so obvious I don't see how my
electrical mentor missed it.  Keep me posted.

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA