Re: Electronic Tach

To: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Tach
From: Peter Lucas <pllj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 1997 11:10:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> Peter:
>
> Unless you are using the "series" type tachometer, the only other leads you
> should have are for the illumination lamp. The tach itself should have only
> three leads - there will not be an "extra" lead to cap off. If you are talking
> about the series type, then one lead goes to the key switch, one to the plus
> connection on the coil, one to power, and one to ground (plus the light bulb
> connections). The series type should not be wired the same as the traditional
> tach.
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN

Dan,
If I were to use one of the "series tachs" do you know of a way, if even
necessary, of not using the connection to the key switch. It sounds
like, from what you've written, that if using the above mentioned tach-
it would need to be wired as in the original application. (Just trying
to get away with one less wire and keep the key switch out of it)
Thanks
PL