Re: spitfire buzz

To: snake@cris.com
Subject: Re: spitfire buzz
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:05:11 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
It seems like all cars tend to shake or vibrate at a certain speed.  My
Escort starts shaking just below sixty, but that's pretty much gone by
seventy-five.  I wouldn't be surprised if the engines or transmissions of
most cars have specific frequencies at which they'll vibrate, which would
be at a certain rpm.
Just my recollection of high school physics.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 (being restored, but will be drivable when the transmission's
back in)