Spitfire Buzz

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Buzz
From: Terry Thompson <tlt@digex.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 13:01:19 -0800
My car runs really well but around 3000 RPM I get a vibration coming from
the engine, like the agitation in an electric shaver (A pretty loud BUZZ).
I can hear it and I can feel it through the gas pedal.  If I rev it over
~3k rpm or drop below that ~3k rpm mark, it goes away.  It doesn't matter
what gear I'm in or what surface I'm currently driving on.
The only thing I do now is try to keep the revs below or above that 3k mark.

If anyone has a clue what could be causing it, or how to remedy it, let me
know.   It's starting to bug me.

-Terry
'76 Spit