TRUE maximum velocities

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TRUE maximum velocities
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 23:27:41 -0600
Hello all,

   I too have an episode for the "True Velocity" question.

   Back in 1991, I was travelling on Interstate 95 northbound thru South
Carolina about 30 miles from the border of Georgia.  I was cruising about
80mph with the radar detector on and functioning.
   I went to pass a '69 Chevy Chevelle when the "boys" driving decided not
to let me pass.  We ended up sustaining about 120mph with peaks at about
125mph
for over 20 minutes!  Talk about an adrenalin rush!
   My speedo and tach had recently been recalibrated by a reputable dealeer
in Randallstown, Maryland.
   "The Yellow Bullet" used a bit of gas and oil, as I found at the next
fuel stop, but ran cool and steady the entire time.
   The only problem was a slight "yaw" at these high speeds.

   Those who know me and my car will attest to her performance and also to my
"unique" driving style!  :-O

                        Later,

                                        Steve