Re: FW: Mallory Dual Point Distributor

To: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Mallory Dual Point Distributor
From: Michael Burdick <mburdick@netserv.unmc.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 09:39:00 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Triumph Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Hi Ross,

On 25 Mar 1997, Vincenti, Ross wrote:

> properly I am considering the Mallory Dual Point dizzy.  But, my
> recollection is that it does NOT have a takeoff drive for the mechanical
> tach in the dash of my Spit.  Correct?  If so, anyone have any ideas (short
                                ^^^^^^^
Yes.

> of replacing the tach with an electic one) how I can use the Mallory dizzy
> with my mech. tach?  If I decide to swap out the mechanical tach, does
> anyone know if the the later electronic tachs are a "match" in terms of
> appearance/size/installation with my early mech. tach?  If the later elec.

The later electronic tachs are not a match visually.  One would fit in the
same hole though...  I have had an idea rattling around in my head for a
while now about this subject.  I remember a former Scion getting the
electronics in his tach replaced with "modern" components at a place in
Minnesota.  I have been meaning to try to chase this guy down and see if
he can put similar guts in a spare mechanical-drive tach I picked up at a
swap meet.  That way, I'd have the old look, and be able to run a
distributor that doesn't have a take off drive.

Have fun,
Mike
'70 Spit, original distributor.