Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor

To: spitfire@worldchat.com
Subject: Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor
From: S1500@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:39:55 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Chris, you wrote:
[...]
>is there any advantage to the mallory or would i be
>better off rebuilding my existing distrib

I have been using a mallory for some time now.  I like
it just fine.  Advantages are:

1) It's a NEW dizzy so there is nothing worn out on it.
2) The advance curve is adjustable
3) Having 2 sets of points is good in the event that 1 set fails.
(redundancy is always good in automotive design)
4) There is no vacuum advance.

Disadvantages are:
1) There is no vacuum advance (which can provide better fuel economy).
2) You have to drill the center shaft to mount the appropriate drive piece.
3) It has points (and not the advantages of electronic ignition)

Hope this helps,
Bob Sykes   -  - -  __,@_\____      s1500@worldnet.att.net
'78 Spitfires -  -- }-0-----0->     s1500@aol.com