TR6 paint

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 paint
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 10:36:30 -0500 (EST)
Listers,
        My '72 TR6 is some shade of maroon or burgundy.  I've also found
this color in the engine compartment and under the trunk carpet.  A TRF
catalogue identifies the shade of red for '72 as pimiento, which I
certainly wouldn't define my car as being.  However, there's another
paint layer, this one more of a magenta, and another that may be more of
the red that pimiento describes, since the car has several layers on it.
I haven't checked in the engine compartment to see if these same layers
appear there, but the lowest layer may be the same as the top layer.  Who
can suggest what the color should be?
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 (being restored, but will be drivable when the transmission's
back in)