Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor

To: Chris Taylor <spitfire@worldchat.com>
Subject: Re: Mallory Dual Point Distributor
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:12:10 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris Taylor wrote:

> i'd appreciate any input from anyone who
> has tried a mallory dual point setup in a
> spitfire.
> i have a 75 spit that has had the lucas electronics
> replaced with an earlier point type distributor
> is there any advantage to the mallory or would i be
> better off rebuilding my existing distrib
> chris,

I'll add an little extra to Bob Sykes comments. The Mallory is a good
distributor, well made and will probably last you for years. What makes
them much better that stock is the quickly (reasonably so) adjustable
mechanical advance. You can quickly change the maximum advance of the
weights. If after installation, you're not happy with the points, check
with Crane, down in Daytona Beach, at 904-258-6167. They can supply the
XR700 ignition with a shutter that works with the Mallory distributor.

Have fun,
Charlie B.