Re: Triumph maximum velocities

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Triumph maximum velocities
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:18:50 +0000
James Charles Ruwaldt wrote:

> Not to put a damper on this discussion, but the only times I've tried to
> get my TR6 up to much speed, I've gotten to about 70 or 80 and smelled the
> oil burning.
> Jim Ruwaldt

Jim; can you accuartely gauge your speed by the intensity of the oil
stink? ;-). I'd have to fess up to seeing 120 mph in my first Tiger, but
I ran out of road before the car ran out of power. I was also a lot
younger with a lower sense of my mortality. Ahhh..to be young and bullet
proof again! I guess the Tr6 more closely matches my internal speed
these days.