Re: Triumph maximum velocities

To: Barry Schwartz <Bschwartz@encad.com>
Subject: Re: Triumph maximum velocities
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 11:55:05 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Not to put a damper on this discussion, but the only times I've tried to
get my TR6 up to much speed, I've gotten to about 70 or 80 and smelled the
oil burning.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 (being restored, but will be drivable when the transmission's
back in)
P.S.: BTW, the Road & Track Sports & GT Guide, which published a road
test of the TR6 when it was new, says it should go about 20 mph at 1,000
rpm in fourth gear.  With the red line at six thousand and the orange
line at 5,500, doing anything over 100 seems a little risky.