Re: my Triumphs at speed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: my Triumphs at speed
From: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 12:25:18 -0800
Andrew Mace wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Mar 1997 GuyotLeonF@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Does anyone else out there have any
> > more TRUE figures of maximum velocities obtained in their Triumphs?
> > Regards Leon,(ex-Boy Racer)
>Many years ago (1963) I was going down Hwy 80 east of El Cajon CA from
the mountains on a long (miles long) straight stretch of road that had a
slight down hill slope in my 60 TR3 that I had put a 87mm kit in and a
lively cam.  I was going to El cajon to get parts for one of my
carburetors that didn't work right.  I was wide open  100+ mph and a
little black thing kept catching up with me.  When it got close and
finally passed me it was the most beautiful minor with a little narrow
red stripe down the hood that I had ever seen.  I couldn't believe that a
minor could go that fast.  When I got to town much embarassed it was at
the triumph dealers.  I believe they said it had a coventry climax
engine.  I have never forgotten that car.

Put to shame by a little bug

Joe Worsley
80 TR8 DHC