Triumph maximum velocities

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Triumph maximum velocities
From: Richard Ceraldi-ERC004 <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 9:06:30 -0600
Speed Demons,
    Let's get away from donorcycles and back to Triumphs where I believe
this thread originated. I have had my GT6 at 108 on a number of occasions.
She seems to peter out about there. The front end seemed to start floating
after 100. My SCCA GT6 friends tell me that the uprated springs I put on
will help that out. I need to find a long stretch of road soon and see.
    Now top end is good comparison when up against mini-vans (who will beat
you) I feel the true value of these cars are on winding roads where they
will leave a lot of moderns stuff behind. Not sure if that is by design or
misplaced courage;-)
  BTW on the last road trip Mike McPhail cruised at 100 for close to 10
minutes in his TR6 catching up to me after getting stuck in some traffic.
See ya in traffic court,
Richard Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L
71 Spitfire MKIV FK9365L