RE: "The Red Car"

To: captgonzo@aol.com
Subject: RE: "The Red Car"
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 97 7:54:51 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Chris,
I don't have a copy of "The Red Car" but I know I've seen a copy or two
at the swap meets. I collect car books as well and I think I'll have
to add this one. Another book I can recommend in the same vein is a
recent book by Bert Levy titled "The Last Open Road". A really fantastic
book about the primordial days of sportscar racingin the US. It's listed
in the TRF catalog and I believe Moss as well as Motorbooks. I talked
to Bert in '95 at Monterey and he was working on a sequel. There are
no TRs in the book because time period is pre-TR, but maybe the sequel
will have some.

On the Oblinger car book rating scale, this book rates 4 Whitworth
spanners out of a possible 5!

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Bch. Ca.
TR2
TR3
TR7
Sports Six
Doretti
Norton Commando 750 (What is it on this list with TR cars and Norton bikes)