Re: TR2 Rack And Pinion Conversion

To: Mark Gendron <markge@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: Re: TR2 Rack And Pinion Conversion
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 16:32:44 +0000
Cc: "'EPaul21988@aol.com'" <EPaul21988@aol.com>, "'Triumphs - submissions'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Mark Gendron wrote:

> If I were going to do major mods like this on a sidecurtained TR, I'd
> probably start with a TR3A, to take advantage of the disk brakes, and
> then go all out (four-syncro O/D gearbox, electric fan, alternator
> conversion, negative ground conversion, etc.) Of course this would
> totally bugger the TR3 as a collectable, but at least they made
>
> - Mark Gendron
> - TS2571L(O) (with a Girling rear end an an overdrive added, yes, I
> know. . .)
I have this approach to modifing my cars- If it can be undone with a
wrench, then change it! I did several mods to my Tiger. Alternator,
replaced the Girling brake booster with a Midland,(1/3 the cost, twice
as reliable!) and put a 302 in place of the 260 v8.(externaly the same
block) No sheet metal was harmed in the execution of these changes. All
the original bits could be bolted back in by anyone  wanting to expend
the effort.
So, just be careful not to hack up something irreplacable when carrying
out inprovments!