TR2 RACK AND PINION CONVERSION

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR2 RACK AND PINION CONVERSION
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 09:54:14 -0500 (EST)
List,

Does anyone have any experience or familiarity with the rack and pinion
conversion kit offered by the firm called PROTEK, located in Oxon, England ?

They advertise in TRaction. The kit is described as 'bolt on'. I am
considering purchasing a kit for installation on  my TR2 project.

Anyone out there who has performed the conversion described by Bob Shaller in
his book?   What's a reasonable cost estimate to use Shaller's method
assuming you have someone else do the fabrication work required?  At 470
pounds I wonder if the kit might not be just as cheap.

I've seen several of the cars from the DCTRA with the conversion done with
Shaller's method and the owners always reported being delighted with the
results.   A TR friend here started on a 'Shaller' conversion but reported
not enough detail in the description to complete the task, so he quit.

Bob Paul
TS45738L"O"
TS7280L