Re: TR6: Copper Brake Piping from Rimmer Bros.

To: egilk@sn.no
Subject: Re: TR6: Copper Brake Piping from Rimmer Bros.
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:23:31 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Not that I know very much about US matters, but are these the same guys
>  that say that you can't use proper headlamps, that you can't use yellow
>  bulbs, that your engine compartment has to look exactly like a photograph
>  they have etc. ad libitum. Oh, it *must* be dangerous when they say so.
>
>  Egil

Egil, having lived in Europe and other parts of the world, I have to disagree
with you.  The US laws are, by and large, pretty good and have resulted in
forcing car makers to produce safer, cleaner and more efficient cars that
they would have on their own.  And others - not just people in the US - get
the benefit of this.
Some people would drive junk without any consideration for safety or
efficiency if they were left to themselves.  So everyon pays for that but
there is no free lunch.  And it is not that difficult to get one's car up to
the required standards (most of which are "grandfathered" anyway.)  But we
must all watch tobe sure that the lawmakers do not do something really stupid
in their efforts to do good. MHO.

Cheers
Art Kelly

Cheers