Re: TR6: Copper Brake Piping from Rimmer Bros.

Subject: Re: TR6: Copper Brake Piping from Rimmer Bros.
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:39:17 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On 13 Mar 1997, PVANDAL@aol.com wrote:

> Do not use copper, it is dangerous

Thats utter nonsense. Copper brake lines have been used in the UK for
ages, and they have no problems whatsoever. You have to make sure that you
use copper lines that *are* made for this purpose, and that the lines are
properly fastened so as not to indice fatigue. Which is just as valid for
any brake line.

A very good alternative to pure copper is copper-nickel. It is almost as
easy to work on, somewhat stiffer, and just as corrosion resistant.

I would personally NEVER EVER use steel lines on any car that I had plans
to keep. Definitely. I've simply changed too many corroded steel lines in
my life.

> and MVD will gig you with it.

Not that I know very much about US matters, but are these the same guys
that say that you can't use proper headlamps, that you can't use yellow
bulbs, that your engine compartment has to look exactly like a photograph
they have etc. ad libitum. Oh, it *must* be dangerous when they say so.

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway