Re: Brake cylinder sleaving source?

To: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@scruznet.com>
Subject: Re: Brake cylinder sleaving source?
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:23:58 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:

> One of the rear brake cylinders is blown on my late TR3A.  I decided to
> replace them both.  Moss tried to seel me early Lockheed cylinders and The
> Roadster Factory is out of stock and the sales person didn't know when they
> would come in.
>
> So, I thought that I might as well get them sleaved.  The question is where?
>
> Does anyone know a good place to get TR3 Gurling rear brake cylinders
>resleaved?
> I would like to find a place in the US with a good reputation that has done
> TRs before.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> TeriAnn Wakeman            "Large format photographers look
> Santa Cruz California       at the world upside down and
> twakeman@scruznet.com       backwards"

TeriAnn,

White Post Restorations (1 Old Car Drive, White Post VA 22663,
540-837-1140) over here on the right coast does a first rate job of
resleeving brake cylinders in brass. The cost is $50 per sleeve if you
send them the disassembled cylinder. They clean, glass bead, bore and
sleeve, and hone to OEM specs. Oh, and they know TRs.

As a commercial photographer, using primarily 4x5, I know what it's like
to be upside down and backwards.
Charlie B.