Re: TR6 Drive unit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Drive unit
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 97 7:31:08 -0500
Hey All,

        I just have one problem with CV Drive units, while they may be rated
for
100,000 miles the CV joint is protected by a rubber boot.  If the rubber
boot tears your in trouble.  You must buy a whole new Drive shaft.  You
could take the chance and just put on a new rubber boot, but you must
hope you caught the tear early enough that the grease has not been
completely ejected from the CV joint and the now dirt has gotten in and
damaged the CV Joint.  In other words you have to catch the tear in the
boot as soon as it happens.  Are you going to check these boots once a
week?

        CV joints have been a thorn in my side ever since I started to drive
front wheel drive cars.

Later,
JHD IV