Re: TR6 Drive unit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Drive unit
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:11:34 +0100
Cc: odd@triumphclub.se
Friends,
I've got an '86 VW Jetta II with just over 174000 miles on the
clock. It's front wheel drive with CV joints, four of them...
During this time (I am the original owner) I've had to change
one of the four rubber boots. In my opinion the duration of
the boots depends on,
1 the material chosen for the boot, and
2 the angle of the drive shaft via the CV joint.

My opinion is that a CV joint is far superior to any other
solution (bar a live axle! ;-)) for our rear drive shafts.
Anyone knows of a (more or less) bolt on setup for a GT6 Mk2?
I'm willing to pay up for a good solution...

BFN
Odd

--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,