Flywheel Ring Gear Replacement

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Flywheel Ring Gear Replacement
From: wlwynn@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 1997 19:55:17 -0800
This is my first submission, so please excuse any format errors.  I have
just purchased a TR6 in boxes.  Basically, everything was there, just in
boxes.  The engine was running great, but the starter was acting up.
Now the ring gear has come loose from the flywheel.  I assume my next
step is to pull the engine.  Anyone have experiance with replacing the
ring gear.  I have done almost everything to cars, but never a ring
gear.  Any assistance will be appreciated.