Carpet Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carpet Installation
From: TRIA73@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 06:19:30 -0500 (EST)
Based on my 24 year experience with my Triumph Spitfire I recommend that the
carpet be glued down at the foot areas, particularly the drivers side.  The
original snaps did not hold up to the wear and tear from foot action while
driving.  You may also want to glue down the piece on the rear deck behind
the seats.  The carpet under the seats and over the transmission should be
loose laid to allow easy access in the event repair work is required to the
transmission or drive shaft.  I used contact cement during my interior
restoration 3 years ago and seems to be be holding up fine.

Randy Dunn
'73 Spitfire
MAKE EVERYDAY A TRIUMPH DAY!