Re: Rescue a TR6??

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Subject: Re: Rescue a TR6??
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 09:22:48 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

> Therešs a š72 TR6 Išm thinking about rescuing.  Price?  Cheap.  Problems?
>Well ...

Snip

Martin,

Check out:

http://www.vtr.org/TR6/TR6-buying.html

A very informative piece on what to look for on a TR6.

Floor pans are spot welded, not a major project. Cheaper than you
thought. Retail at $120 from TRF. If you want to get prices as good or
better than the TRF winter sale _all_ the time check out:

http://www.ultranet.com/~4british/british.html

The British Parts Connection.  Dick has saved me big $$$. You get the
same parts directly from Moss or TRF, but at his markup, not theirs.
Great guy, too.

If you are doing a frame off, replacing the box sections of the frame is
do-able.

Make sure to check the end float on the crank. I've heard thrust washers
in the pan mean the block is history, so a replacement engine is
necessary.

Good luck.
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |