Re: Rescue a TR6??

To: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rescue a TR6??
From: Chad Jester <triumph@uriel.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 15:01:21 +0900
> Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV wrote:

$)C
> > There9ó a 9·2 TR6 I9í thinking about rescuing.  Price?  Cheap.
>Problems?  Well ...

SNIP.......

> > My idea is to strip the car down to tub and frame, repaint the car and
>rebuild the engine or swap it out.  I9í looking at a good year9ó project,
>maybe longer
> >  what9ó not to like?

Martin,

I say GO FOR IT!!!! I am doing the same thing with a "parts car" I bought 4
years
ago.  I'm into it now to the tune of about $10,000.  The car still isn't painted
and it is in more boxes than I can count with my fingers and toes.  I've been
threatened
with divorce at LEAST sixteen times but.........

When I get done, it will be BRAND NEW.  True, you cna buy a nice looking TR6
for 6K-8K
but is likely has tired rubber bushings, some hidden bondo, minor cosmetic
problems,
etc.  Before long, shipwright's disease will kick in and you will begin the
long, painful
process of restoring your $8K TR6.

If you want a new TR6, go for the project.  If you can be content with someone
else's car, buy one that is running/driving.

Chad Jester

'74 TR6 - Under restoration
'6? Herald / Vitesse WANTED so I can start over again!!!!!!!!  Am I crazy or