Rescue a TR6??

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Rescue a TR6??
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 3 Mar 97 8:43:17
Thereıs a ı72 TR6 Iım thinking about rescuing.  Price?  Cheap.  Problems?  Well

The current owner says that though the car has been tarped while heıs had it,
at some point it had been left Ştop down,Ş so now, the floorpans are shot.
Ditto the braking system.  And this is just the stuff he offered to tell me
about.  He did say he thought the frame was O.K., and I asked him specifically
about the trailing arms, which he says heıll check before we talk again.  (If
he says thereıs significant frame rust, Iım not eager to proceed ...)

But before I go to see the rest of this projectıs problems, who can tell me how
difficult a job a floorpan replacement is in a TR6?  The pans are spot welded?
How much are they, a couple hundred?

My idea is to strip the car down to tub and frame, repaint the car and rebuild
the engine or swap it out.  Iım looking at a good yearıs project, maybe longer,
but heck, it is a 6 ...
 whatıs not to like?
---
Martin Secrest