Re: Minilites

To: amace@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Minilites
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 17:48:01 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Dan, perhaps they simply aren't the correct Mini-lite lug nuts. I have a
 set of genuine Mini-lites for a Spitfire, and although I've not done
 anything with them in a long time, I do remember the lug nuts (original
 to the wheels) did fit snugly enough to perform the self-centering.

The proper lug nuts should be available from someone in Indiana;
hopefully someone will help you out with the name and phone number that I
can't find at the moment

That's a good possibility, Andy, but these are the nuts that came with the
wheels. Of course, that is no guarantee that they are the correct ones. They
are only off just a little bit, and maybe "close enough is close enough," but
I would feel better with a tighter fit. Later today I will try to "mike" the
holes and nuts to provide a quanitative value. If someone could provide me
with the name and phone number you mentioned, I would give them a try.

Thanks,

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN