Re: Minilites

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Minilites
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 17:16:38 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sun, 2 Mar 1997 DANMAS@aol.com wrote:

> ...On the minilites, however,
> there is no bevel; the surface around the lug bolt holes is flat. The lug nut
> has a reduced shank which fits through the lug bolt holes, and has a flat
> surface under the shoulder of the nut.
>
> This would be fine if the shank of the lug nuts was a snug fit through the
> bolt holes, but there is noticible play - not a great deal, but noticible. I
> am concerned that the wheels cannot be mounted exactly coencentric to the hub
> with this arrangement.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with minilites, and is this a real problem,
> or am I worrying too much?

Dan, perhaps they simply aren't the correct Mini-lite lug nuts. I have a
set of genuine Mini-lites for a Spitfire, and although I've not done
anything with them in a long time, I do remember the lug nuts (original
to the wheels) did fit snugly enough to perform the self-centering.

The proper lug nuts should be available from someone in Indiana;
hopefully someone will help you out with the name and phone number that I
can't find at the moment!

--Andy