Re: TR alternator conversion

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR alternator conversion
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 13:06:28 -0600
>I did the GM single wire conversion on my Tiger. Very simple, one wire
>to the battery terminal of the starter solinoid, and another small wire
>to the ignition warning light. BIG DIFF! I could actually see with my
>headlights at night. It would probably wire the same in any Lucas based
>wire harness.

That sounds like a good idea to me.  If anyone is interested Summit
 sell a one wire 100 amp Chevy (GM) alternator for $119.99.

I am not sure but by the descritpion in the catalog it sounds like
the only wire on this goes to to battery/starter.
Summit does not have any Triumph parts but they sell a lot of universal stuff,
 and have a decent return policy if it won't work.  They also don't charge
sales tax and
provide free UPS gound.

I have bought a lot of stuff from they for my Camaro and never had any trouble.

No I don't have any interest in there company, etc....

The part number for the alternator is SUM-G1667 100 amp 119.99
                                                                   SUM-G1666
63 AMP 114.99
Personally for an extra $5.00 I'd take the 100 amp.
there order number is 330-630-3030

If you have any queastions about there alternators they will know a lot more
than me.
Don't let them sell you a catalog, if you order something they will put you
on there mailing list
and send them to you all the time.

I was going to attach a jpg of the add but I have not seen anyone else
sending attachments

Is there some sort of a tabu against attachments (24K), are they not
forwarded, or
is it a coincidence that  I have not seen any?

Eric

Still looking for my Spitfire.