Re: Gas Tanks

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tanks
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1996 13:08:01 -0600
>Hey All,
>
>       I posted a question about a gas tank yesterday.  I should point out
>that
>the tank doesn't leak.  Should I just button it up after removal, and add
>a fresh coat of point to prevent and potential rusting?  If I leave it
>this way for a year is there anything I have to worry about before
>putting it back and filling it up with gas.
>
>JHD IV

When I used to fly a Cessna 152 I was always told to leave the plane with
full tanks because otherwise as the air/vapor in the tank cooled at night
 moisture would be drawn in and could cause the tank to rust out over time.
  The full tank had less air/vapor and so would draw in less moisture.
 So if you are going to leave it in a non-airconditioned place I suggest
that you
leave it full of something (not water) or plug up all the holes REAL GOOD.
If it will be airconditioned I would just empty it and set it on a shelf
somewhere after it was dry.

Eric C.

Still looking for a Spitfire.