TR3A Gearbox cover question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3A Gearbox cover question
From: JordanMWJr@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 00:52:07 -0500
Dateline: somewhere in Mississippi, Monday night

Thanks to all who responded first to my questions regarding the replacement
of TR3A motor mounts. Task completed (only 4 evenings needed, minor cuts, no
tetanus shot required) and to my request for assistance in locating a Haynes
Manual for the TR3A ( 2 copies received on Monday, 28 Oct., thanks)

Now to another seemingly minor question.

When replacing the cover inside the car that is in the center between the
floor panels covering the gearbox, are there any gaskets/sealing rubbers or
tapes that are commonly applied ?  Due to previous owner floor section
repairs (which consisted of welding additional sheet metal on top of existing
panels; may have been replacement panels, seem both stable and serviceable)
there appear to be some irregularities in fit between floor and gear box
cover.  Is a gasket or some sort of sealing custom ?

I have some foam backed tape that would probably do the job, if it is needed.

Any advice would be appreciated.

M. W. Jordan, Jr.