Re: RHD Shifting

Subject: Re: RHD Shifting
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 00:49:29 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Well, for most of our "favorite" Triumphs the answer is simple: since the
> transmission's shift lever stays the same regardless of where the steering
> wheel is, the pattern does not change.

For the record: The lever is usually not exactly the same, even for a
centre shift. The RHD and LHD levers often have different part numbers
because they are bent in different angles to "face" the driver better.

Anyone know what Rolls Royce did, BTW. For their RHD models they stayed
with a right hand lever for a long time (placed between the door and
the seat). Where was the lever placed for their LHD models?

Egil
--
In honor of Seymour Cray, please observe a nanosecond of silence.