RE: RHD Shifting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: RHD Shifting
From: Kris Cotton <krisc@pi.bns.com.au>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 1996 09:08:23 +1030
At 16:20 28/10/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Ok, so if Iunderstand all the replies I have received so far, RHS cars have
the
>1st & 2nd gears _away_ from the driver and the 3rd and higher gears
_closer_ to
>the driver. Correct? If so, it seems to be a kind of awkward arrangement
>(spoken like a person who has been driving LHS cars since day 1 ;).
No it just means that as RHD was better and in production first the "yanks
had to be different even if they were wrong :-) and changed it over I can't
help it if you drive on the wrong side of the car & the street for that
matter or was it that the designs from one side of the world were redrawn by
a dyslexic person who transposed the driving position????
Tony
Sth.Oz  running & ducking for cover