RE: '65 Spitfire

To: "'Ed Burger'" <eburger@sagelink.com>
Subject: RE: '65 Spitfire
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 15:55:42 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Ed,
        Sounds to me like you might want to keep looking.  Although the 65 is a
great little car, this one will keep you off the road much too long for a
starter car.  You may want to look for something that runs reasonably well and
has a sound frame (much more important than body panels).  You can slowly
rebuild pieces of the driveline as you go, replace/repair body work and
interior, eventually finishing off with paint.  That frame reqally has me
worried though.  My $.02 says keep looking

Good Luck
Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar