RE: Re: TR4A performance Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Re: TR4A performance Question
From: PiJay@t-online.de (Peter Juergens)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 10:54 +0100
snip:
Isky makes *great* cams.  I used to race my -4 using one of their 777
grinds.
snap:

Hi Jay Cee,

i wonder if that triple 7 has something in common with my 777 /1 bought from
Racetorations UK. Thought the design is done by Darryl Uprichard himself and
then grinding is performed by Kent Cams UK.

Let's compare timing figures, if you' interested:

Mine's are:

Inlet:  30   55     Cam lift: 7.8mm    Duration: 265°
Outlet: 70   25        "    : 8  mm       "    : 275°

The timing should be set to 103° (Inlet fully open)

Surprising for me, the clearance:  Inlet: 0.4mm
                                  Outlet: 0.45mm

This cam is a rally/fast road cam with the max power at 5000RPM

BFN
      Pete

Peter Juergens
Dortmund/Germany