Re: TR4A performance Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A performance Question
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@ipass.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 13:05:19 -0400 (EDT)
At 02:38 AM 9/23/96 -0700, you wrote:
>> > By the way the cam is an iskanderian(sp)
>

>Otherwise know as an Isky cam.  As far as I know they are good quality.
>
>Kirk Stanford
>'70 Spit MK III

Isky makes *great* cams.  I used to race my -4 using one of their 777
grinds.  It has reasonably good low-end torque, but really comes on strong
about 3500.  Be forewarned that fuel economy goes straight into the dumper,
tho.  As I recall, I was lucky to get 20 MPG, but had a hard time keeping my
foot out of the Strombergs (before I set it up for SCCA racing), so I was a
(willing) contributor to the problem.  Interesting how our perspectives
change as we mature (nah - age).  I used to think that performance = lap
times.  Now I think performance = 40 MPG in my Saturn.

Anyway, I have no interest in Isky.  I have their address/phone here
somewhere if anyone wants it.

J.C. Hassall
jhassall@ipass.net
Raleigh NC