Re: TR6 PCV + commission/engine numbers

To: cowan@erg.sri.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 PCV + commission/engine numbers
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 14:48:00 1996
It would appear you do not have a 71 engine or manifold.

Using the '69 TR6 or TR250 diagram, it appears you're okay
as far as connections.  As this is simple compared to the later mess,
you can plug the carb to canister line and see if the problem
goes away.

Also check the dampers for oil as without it the things seem to flutter
and go lean upon accelaration.

As once again, the Brits induced the crankcase breather AFTER the
air/fuel mix, ANY leak will cause it to go lean.  Look at the book
and start with valve cover bolt gaskets (slices of 5/16" fuel tubing),
tank cap gasket, vent line to tank, oil dip stick gasket, valve
cover cap seal.

Plug the carb to canister and even the intake side of the other
tube for starters, verify all connections are SOLID (I've seen
the carb connectors without the plastic filler piece, looks okay,
leaks like crazy) and work backwards till you nail all the leaks.

Don't forget the power brake booster, line, and especially the
gasket on the manifold takeoff.

Roger
(had the Brits put the connection between the filter and carb
 top, we wouldn't have this mess, just dirty air into the
 engine.  As designed we have dirty air and a lean mixture
 that is impossible to tune if there is ANY pinhole leak)

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879