Re: Tires again??

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tires again??
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 21:26:02 1996
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I never tire of this subject... pun

Having a bunch of TR6's and arguing with Bob Kramer locally
till we got into a let's measure the tires mode (TMBM) and finally
measured the ride height and circumference of the 10 types
we happened to have in the driveway.  Including Michelin Redlines,
both original and new, G800, several brands of some other sizes,
I happend to have Pirelli, blackwall Michelin, Avon in 185-15...
Bob had every brand of 205/70 ever made...

This coupled with research on the 5.5" wheel width, etc., etc.

The winner is...  drum roll please... 205/70-15

Most amount of rubber for the rim width, exact diameter of original,
turns out there is more variation between brands, than between 185
and 205/70.

If you're looking for cheap solid tires, the Goodrich Touring T/A's
are great.  The sidewalls aren't that stiff, so a little wheel wobble
is okay (all TR6's, correct?)

The Avon 205/VR70-15 with 3/8" redlines attached from British Wire Wheel
are awesome, but so is the price...

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com, (512) 794-9567, FAX 345-2879