Re: TR3 plugs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 plugs
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:29:15 -0700 (PDT)
>You are absolutely correct.  Hotter plugs are used to burn through
>accumulations on plugs.  My first car was a used Chevy Vega.  A couple of
>ranges hotter could actually let me burn a quart of oil in 100 miles
>without fouling the plugs.  Which brings us to the next question.  Why
>are the plugs fouling?  Is the hotter plug a band-aid fix?

Wouldn't that be because, while a hotter plug will burn through
accumulation, it can't neccasairly burn through all of it. Will my carbs
were running super-rich and I was having problem with carbon on them, so I
put on some real hot Bosch Plats. This helped-but it didn't sovle the
problem. Carbon still collected on the plugs, although it was noticalbly
less. But...since hotter plugs seem to have only advantages, what are teh
disadvanages? (And does the AutoZone carry the hottest version of Bosch
Plats that I can get?)

Good Luck Everyone!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net