RE: Horn/light problem -Reply

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Horn/light problem -Reply
From: SCOTTC COATES <SCOATES@AOAC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 08:11:33 -0400
Jim wrote:
<<Locating all of those wires that were melted and
replacing them made me feel like I was doing
multi-organ transplants on top on removing some
cancerous tissues (took about a week and half of all of
my spare time).>>

Thanks for the heads up.  About a year go I came
home to my wife who reported that the burglar went off
in the TR6 during the day.  Huh??  Yeah, she says  -
the horn started blowing around noon, and she went
out and "bumped" (I suspect kick) the car to shut it off.
After some looking around, I decided to take the
steering column apart, and pretty much found what
you described as cancerous tissue.  I removed all the
fried, roasted, and bare wires.  Geez, these cars make
you wonder sometimes.

Anyhow, the wiring is cleaned up.  I'm just not exactly
sure on how to proceed to ground the system
properly, if cleaning out all the roasted wires didn't do
it.

Scott Coates
scoates@erols.com
scoates@aoac.org