Re: 73 TR6 New Restorer Questions

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: 73 TR6 New Restorer Questions
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 11:42:33 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Murry J Mercier <mercierm@battelle.org>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Ken Streeter wrote:

> ...no one source is adequate by itself.  From what I've seen, the
> following
> are all helpful in a restoration (this is by no means a complete list,
> either...):

>       2) a factory manual and owners handbook (or Bentley manual)
>       3) for a TR6, the two-volume Roadster Factory parts/assembly manual
>       4) local Triumph contacts through a club, such as a VTR chapter
>       5) as many period photos, sales brochures, ads, etc., as one can
>          find, to get accurate photos of an original car.

Maybe not a complete list, but an excellent one. In many ways, the club
contacts (and, somewhat parallel to that, the collective wisdom of "SOL"
types) are likely to be the best sources of inspiration, detail,
encouragement, etc. -- the hobby equivalent of "street smarts" if you will.

> I think any Triumph can be a fun, good-handling, reliable car.
>
> --ken
> VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
> '74 TR6 Daily Driver)
>
> PS:  Regarding that last comment I made:  Well, maybe not a Herald...
>        :-) :-)  (Just seeing if Andy's reading...)

Ahem! ;-)

--Andy

Andrew Mace
10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Consultant